“VIP EXPERIENCE” SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING
NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN
1. DESCRIPTION: This “VIP Experience” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) provides an opportunity for eligible entrants who comply with these Official Rules (each, a “Participant”) to win a prize through a random drawing conducted by or on behalf of Sac Soccer USL, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company (“SSU”). The entry period for the Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 AM (California time) on March 11, 2019 and ends at 11:59 PM (California time) on March 29, 2019 (the “Entry Period”).
2. ADMINISTRATOR: The Sweepstakes is being administered by SSU, whose address is 1050 20th Street, Suite 200, Sacramento, California, 95811.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes an entrant’s: (a) full and unconditional acceptance of, and agreement to be bound by, these Official Rules and the decisions of SSU in relation to the interpretation and application of the same; and (b) unconditional and irrevocable waiver of any right to claim ambiguity in regard to the Sweepstakes mechanics, and/or the interpretation of these Official Rules. Receiving a Sweepstakes prize is contingent upon fulfilling, as determined by SSU, all requirements set forth herein.
4. ELIGIBILITY: To participate in the Sweepstakes, you must be a legal resident of the State of California, have a primary residence located within 100 miles of any border of Sacramento County, be at least 18 years of age at time of entry, and have a valid e-mail address and Internet access as of the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors, members, and managers of SSU, Sac Soccer & Entertainment Holdings, LLC, the USL Entities (defined below), and the MLS Entities (defined below), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, successors, advertising agencies and promotional companies involved in this promotion, as well as immediate family members of same (including spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, regardless of where they reside, and members of the same household, whether or not related), shall be ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and shall be ineligible for any prize covered herein. As used herein: (a)"USL Entities" means United Soccer Leagues, a Georgia limited liability company (“USL”), and each USL club that participates in its “USL” outdoor men’s professional soccer league; and (b) "MLS Entities" means Major League Soccer, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company, and each MLS club that participates in its “Major League Soccer” outdoor men’s professional soccer league. The Sweepstakes is void outside the State of California and where prohibited.
5. HOW TO ENTER: During the Entry Period, visit the Sacramento Republic FC official Fan website (the “Website”) at https://www.sacrepublicfc.com/enter-to-win, click on the banners, buttons, tabs and/or links to access the online entry form, complete the online entry form in its entirety, and press the applicable button to submit (the “Entry”). By submitting your complete name, date of birth, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, and answers to the designated questions (if any) to SSU via the online entry form, you automatically will be entered in the Sweepstakes. Limit of one (1) Entry per person during the Entry Period will be accepted. Subsequent attempts made by the same individual to submit multiple Entries by using multiple or false contact information or otherwise may be disqualified. Incomplete Entries are void. Each entrant to the Sweepstakes may be given the option to receive commercial e-mails from SSU; however, eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes is not dependent upon the entrant’s consent to receive such e-mails. In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entries made by any other individual or entity that is not the person named on the submitted Entry, or made in any manner inconsistent with these Official Rules, will be declared invalid and disqualified from this Sweepstakes. All entries become the exclusive property of SSU and will not be acknowledged or returned. SSU will have no responsibility for lost, late, unintelligible or misdirected entries.
6. WINNER SELECTION: The prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received. The drawing will be conducted following the expiration of the Entry Period by a SSU representative, whose decision shall be final. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries. All prizes will be awarded. On or about April 1, 2019, SSU will notify and/or announce the prize winner.
7. PUBLICATION AND ASSIGNMENT OF RIGHTS TO SUBMISSIONS: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to grant permission for SSU and the USL Entities to publish or publicize all or part of the Entry, including but not limited to such entrant’s name, address (city and state of residence), and prize information, as well as such entrant’s photograph, voice and/or other likeness, in whole or in part, and to edit and make derivative works of any of the foregoing, for advertising, promotional and trade purposes in conjunction with this promotion in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without notice or permission, and without further compensation or consideration, except where prohibited by applicable law. Entrants also agree that SSU may post any photograph of the entrant, including the entrant’s name, on the Website, other websites it operates or controls, and/or its web pages on third-party sites.
8. PRIZES: One (1) prize will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. The Participant who is selected in a random drawing conducted by a SSU representative pursuant to Section 6 above will be the prize winner, and such prize winner will receive a prize consisting of the following relating solely to the USL Sacramento Republic FC 2019 USL regular season “home” professional soccer match (the “Match”) scheduled to occur vs. USL Austin Bold FC on Saturday, April 6, 2019 at the facility that currently is commonly known as Papa Murphy’s Park (the “Stadium”) located on the fairgrounds of the California State Exposition and Fair in Sacramento, California (1600 Exposition Boulevard, Sacramento, California) (collectively, the “Prize”):
(a) a grand total of Two (2) admission tickets (for use by the Prize winner and One (1) guest of the Prize winner, respectively) to attend the Match and view the same from premium seat locations within the Stadium; and
(b) a grand total of Two (2) buffet meals (food) within the Stadium for consumption by the Prize winner and such One (1) guest of the Prize winner that attends the Match, respectively, together with a grand total of Four (4) drink vouchers, each redeemable for a non-alcoholic beverage within an area designated by SSU in the Stadium, for use by the Prize winner and such One (1) guest of the Prize winner, respectively;
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Prize is $220.
All Prize details (such as, by way of example only, exact seat locations, selection of food items, and area designated for redemption of drink vouchers) will be determined by or on behalf of SSU in its sole discretion. All costs and expenses not expressly specified herein related to the Prize, including but not limited to, Federal, State or local taxes (including income taxes and sales taxes), and other expenses, if any, incurred by accepting such Prize are the sole responsibility of its winner. No transfer, substitution or cash value equivalent for all or any portion of the Prize is available.
Two (2) attempts will be made to notify any potential Prize winner. Such potential winner will have up to 24 hours from notification to accept the Prize via email and return all Winner Release Documents (defined below) to SSU. SSU is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify potential winners. If a potential winner cannot be reached, or if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not otherwise comply with these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected. As a condition of being awarded a Prize, the winner, upon the request of SSU, will be required to sign and deliver to SSU an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability (the "Winner Release Documents"), which must be completed, notarized and returned within ten (10) days of receipt. A disqualification will result if the Winner Release Documents are not properly returned within the specified period of time. Refusal or return of the Winner Release Documents as non-deliverable will also result in disqualification. Except where prohibited by law, the winner also must consent pursuant to the Winner Release Documents to the use, without further compensation, of their name, voice, picture or other likeness for promotional purposes as determined by SSU in its sole and absolute discretion.
PRIZES ARE AWARDED AS IS AND WITHOUT WARRANTY, GUARANTEE OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
9. GENERAL TERMS; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY; INDEMNIFICATION: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law:
(a) to waive and relinquish any rights he or she has to sue SSU or any of the other Indemnified Parties (defined below) as part of a class;
(b) that under no circumstances will any entrant be entitled to, and, therefore, expressly waives, relinquishes and agrees to have no claim to, any punitive, multiple, incidental or consequential damages of any type or nature, including but not limited to, attorneys' fees and costs (including, without limitation, court and expert costs);
(c) that such entrant’s damages are limited to his or her actual out of pocket expenses or losses;
(d) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless each of the Indemnified Parties (defined below) from and against any and all claims, demands, causes of action, actions, suits, liabilities, losses, judgments, damages, penalties, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs), that result from, arise out of, or otherwise in any way relate to any personal injury, bodily injury (including without limitation wrongful death or disability), property damage, or loss or damage of any other kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from delivery, non-delivery, acceptance, possession, use of a prize, or from participation in the Sweepstakes, or any Sweepstakes-related activity, to or by such entrant;
(e) that none of the Indemnified Parties shall have any responsibility or liability for any typographical or other error in the printing of this offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prizes, which matters include, without limitation (i) any lost, late, stolen, garbled, delayed, undelivered, or misdirected entries, (ii) any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entry information whether caused by an entrant, equipment, or technical malfunction or for any human error, technical error or malfunctions, and (iii) errors in advertising, the Official Rules, the selection of prize winners or the distribution of the prizes. Without limiting the foregoing, each entrant further acknowledges and agrees that none of the Indemnified Parties shall have any responsibility or liability for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries, and that none of the Indemnified Parties shall have any responsibility or liability for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to such entrant’s or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Sweepstakes.
(f) that in the event SSU is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity, security and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event or occurrence, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within SSU’s control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), SSU shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Sweepstakes without further obligation (and, if and as applicable, to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process) and, if so, that SSU shall have the right (which hereby expressly is reserved by SSU), but not the obligation, to award applicable prizes from among all valid and eligible entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event;
(g) that the Sweepstakes is designed to increase consumer awareness of and interest in the sport of soccer, and that the Sweepstakes may not be used for any form of gambling; and
(h) that SSU reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
As used herein, “Indemnified Parties” means SSU, Sac Soccer & Entertainment Holdings, LLC, and the USL Entities, as well as their respective parents, subsidiaries, and other affiliated companies, and each of their respective trustees, directors, officers, shareholders, general and limited partners, members, managers, employees, agents and contractors (including, without limitation, sponsors).
10. WINNERS LIST: For a list of the prize winners, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Sac Soccer USL, LLC, 1050 20th Street, Suite 200, Sacramento, California, 95811 or to such other address as SSU from time to time may designate in writing. Requests must be received by April 1, 2020.
11. APPLICABLE LAW; JURISDICTION: This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws. This Sweepstakes and these Official Rules will be governed by the internal laws of the State of California, without regard to any conflict of laws doctrine. The Superior Court of the State of California in and for the County of Sacramento, and its associated appellate courts, will be the exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any dispute arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules.