Republic FC and Suncrest Bank have launched the fourth edition of the Kickstart Grant program. Since the program’s inception in September 2020, Suncrest Bank and Republic FC have awarded $31,500 in cash grants to minority- and women-owned businesses that often do not have the same access to resources and services that help them thrive. The fourth-edition, with the support of The Sacramento Rainbow Chamber, will provide another $10,500 to the region’s LGBTQ+ small business community.
Republic FC fans and the community-at-large can vote for their favorite businesses beginning June 7 by clicking the link below. Five finalists who will present to a panel of LGBTQ+ advocates and business leaders – Uptown Studios President Tina Reynolds, Rainbow Chamber Foundation President Paul Weubbe and PHPR Owner Patrick Harbison, as well as April Funston from Suncrest Bank and Dustin Vicari from Republic FC.
1. Nominations open on May 27, 2021 and will close at 11:59 p.m. PST on June 4, 2021.
2. Nominated businesses must be a LGTBQ+ owned small business. Must be located within Sacramento, Yolo, Placer, El Dorado, San Joaquin or Sutter County. Annual sales revenue must be less than $10 million. Must have fewer than 25 employees
3. Public voting from June 7th to the 14th will determine the five finalists who will present to a panel of LGBTQ+ advocates and business leaders
4. All nominees will have access to free educational services and consulting opportunities from Suncrest Bank
5. The winner will be announced at the June 26 Republic FC match and Pride night at Heart Health Park.
August 2021 - In partnership with Suncrest Bank - the fifth edition of Kickstart will aim to uplift Asian Pacific Islander-owned businesses
November 2021 - In partnership with Suncrest Bank - the final edition of Kickstart for 2021 will aim to uplift Veteran-owned businesses